About The Institution:
Galactic has partnered with the leading national research university in New Jersey. They are looking for two data analysts to join their research team at Center for State Health Policy.
The Data Analyst will provide data-analytic support to a large program of research and will construct statistically advanced programs in SAS and other software to allow analysis of data from large and sensitive healthcare administrative datasets and population-based surveys. This position works with investigators and senior staff to implement statistical programming and data analyses for population health research. Analyses will include the application of advanced techniques in SAS software for data management, data analysis, and data linkage across large datasets and longitudinal studies. The incumbent will apply and interpret appropriate statistical modeling methods; develop and maintain analytic work plans and documentation; and participate in the preparation of results for journal publication.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provides data, programming, and analytical support, and manages the day-to-day operation of assigned research projects within a growing unit of nineteen faculty and staff.
- Extracts subsamples from larger administrative and/or survey datasets and merge or concatenate multiple data sets, as needed for further analysis, in accordance with project objectives.
- Identifies need for cleaning data and constructing analytic variables and develops and documents methods and procedures for doing so to facilitate data analysis in accordance with project objectives.
- Reviews all data received from primary and secondary sources to maintain consistency and accuracy.
- Provides high-level analytical, technical and methodological guidance and expertise to grant applications and may be asked to assume the role of principal investigator on appropriate projects.
- Performs other duties as required in support of the Center’s research mission.
- A minimum of three years of data management and analysis experience in a social science, health services, or policy environment and/or training in advanced research methods.
- Experience working with complex survey data, hospital or other healthcare provider billing/EHR data, Medicaid/Medicare claims and other health utilization data.
- Proven ability to work with the processes and technologies of other large administrative data sets.
- Experience calculating NCQA HEDIS quality measures or other similar healthcare quality indicators (i.e. AHRQ Quality Indicators)
- Extensive knowledge of data management and manipulation using one of the following tools: Excel, SQL, Python, R, SAS, STATA, geographic mapping software or other business/data analytics tool.
- Ability to analyze and report data using statistical and Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau (Server and Prep), SAP BI.