About the Company:
Galactic has partnered with a health care company which provides maternal health services throught technology-enabled multidisciplinary care teams. They are looking for a Data Engineer to built their data infrastructure and pipeline.
We are recruiting a Data Engineer to help design and build the data infrastructure and pipelines to drive the analytics and insights to help us get closer to our mission.
As early data hire, you will be managing complex datasets from a variety of different data sources and will design, implement, and maintain data pipeline tooling, identifying and developing best practices for data collection, ingestion, integrity, transformation, storage, and security. You will create solutions that improve our data quality and governance and conduct deep dive investigations into issues related to incorrect and missing data. You will bring together data from a variety of internal and external sources and deliver value to our business, our patients and our partners.
This role can be remote from the Northeast (preferably within 3 hours by train or car to Newark, NJ), with once a month travel to our Newark office.
- Degree in quantitative disciplines
- You are excited to design, develop and deliver customized ETL and Database solutions
- 4+ years of professional experience building data pipelines, identifying metrics, and cleaning data.
- You are comfortable cleaning large data sets and visualizing key actionable insights.
- You are a strong SQL programmer and proficient in python, with experience navigating and cleaning messy data at scale
- You have the ability to balance competing priorities and set expectations with colleagues and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- You are detail-oriented and organized, but able to see the big picture
- You have experience with database & data warehousing technologies such as SQL, BigQuery, Redshift etc
- You have a strong understanding of Data transformation tooling such as dbt
- You have a willingness to experiment and take risks, and a desire to work in a tight-knit, dynamic, collaborative environment
- Experience in a high growth technology or healthcare company.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Comfort across a range of data analysis tools/languages such as Python or R
- Preferable: experience with metabase, looker
- Have worked in the healthcare domain with EMR data, claims data or provider data