About the Company:
Galactic has partnered with a global provider of technology and communication services. They are looking for a Senior Data Analyst for leading their longer-term analytics projects.
As a data scientist, you will lead different analytics projects, such as building and maintaining propensity models or customer micro-segmentations, and for managing requests presented to the team for long-term advanced statistical modelling. You’ll work to understand the modelling request, how the output will be used, the request priority and how it fits within the overall VBG strategy. You’ll own all parts of the model development process:
- Working with the functional lead and business stakeholders to understand the business need and context for the modelling project.
- Creating the modelling approach and strategy.
- Putting together a project plan for delivery.
- Working with a data engineer on the team to design the dataset, leveraging data available in the data warehouse.
- Building the statistical model.
- Analysing the model results and iterate on the model to optimize it.
- Working with the functional lead to identify key insights from the model and communication strategy for stakeholders.
- Explaining the model and answer questions from stakeholders.
- Setting up the production scoring pipeline.
In this hybrid role, you’ll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, E-Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Engineering or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience working with analytics and data mining in a professional environment.
- Experience in model development with R, Python, or SPSS.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% or less of the time.
- Master’s degree in a technical field.
- Experience in analytics techniques and how to apply them to generate insights and recommendations.
- Knowledge of end-to-end business process and how to recommend data-driven decisions in the B2B Sales space.
- Good communication skills to translate complex technical issues to non-power users in a business-friendly way.
- Three or more years of experience in SQL and extracting and manipulating data from data warehouses (Teradata preferred).
- Three or more years of experience in defining analytic approaches based on ambiguously defined requirements.
- Three or more years of experience in providing QA of analytics outputs and addressing risks.
- Three or more years of experience in creating work plans to execute analytic models from end to end and collaborating in a team setting.
- Experience in investigating and solving complex technical problems.
- Experience in Business intelligence/visualization software (e.g. Tableau).